[time-nuts] Rubidium Oscillators and Racal 1992

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Mar 12 22:21:29 UTC 2008

Ulrich Bangert wrote:
> Max,
>
> most interesting comment!
>
> So far you are the first person from which I hear that he has exchanged
> the lamp. If I am wrong concerning the difficulties of lamp exchange:
> Even better so!
>
> I just checked the Dow Corning web pages to find 373 different products
> that have "Silastic" in their name. Which of them did you use?
>
> 73s de Ulrich, DF6JB

Ulrich

Ideally a non corrosive neutral cure RTV like 748 is desirable.
Acid cure silicone RTVs emit acetic acid fumes which will corrode copper
PCB tracks.
Relatively low dielectric loss and high dielectric strength may also be
useful.

It needs to adhere reasonably well to metal and glass and have a maximum
service temperature above the lamp operating temperature.

Bruce