[time-nuts] Sun Blade 100 as GPS-controlled NTP server

Robert Vassar rvassar at rob-vassar.com
Sun Mar 16 17:55:14 UTC 2008

Solaris has some pretty useful timing/timekeeping API's.  You might
want to consider OpenSolaris, it's not quite BSD free, but the CDDL
is OSI approved.  For some reason or another, Sun continues to use a
3.x derived NTP daemon.  I know the maintainer.  It's been a few
years since I pestered him about moving to 4.x, I should ask again.
It's likely too late to make such a change for "Solaris 11", or
whatever OpenSolairs/SXDE will be called when "productized".

Rob