[time-nuts] Sun Blade 100 as GPS-controlled NTP server (Matthew Smith)

christopher hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sun Mar 16 19:29:52 UTC 2008

Matthew Smith wrote:
> I have shelved the idea of building my time server with a single board
> PC for the time being - putting together a case, PSU, etc., and doing
> an install with no monitor (would have to make an adapter) is just too
> much like hard work.

You can buy an assembled SBC in one swell foop, so that's only as hard as
finding a credit card.   The assembled solution most often will be cheaper
than building it from parts.

As far as installs go, use PXE.   There is really no easier way to do
installs on any box, once you have set it up.  True, you will need an
appropriate serial cable for most SBC's.   (On our servers, we use iLO's
remote console over the management network port -- that only costs a network
cable and an extra port on the rack switch.)

-ch