[time-nuts] Difference between Datum 4065, A, B & C Cesium T&F standard?

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Tue Mar 18 00:13:54 UTC 2008

Hi Tom:

It's been my experience that to get into the E-13 E-14 range with GPS takes
weeks and even then you don't have a strong sense that the data is good.

Is there a way that GPS can be replaced by another Cesium standard, like a
FTS4060/S24 whose frequency is close but unknown?

I would think that since the 4060 does not drift (being Cesium) and if left on
all the time during the test it's frequency should always be the same to much
better than parts in E-14.

So a time interval measurement made to compare the two sources would give the
desired results much faster.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html  Products I make and sell