[time-nuts] Racal-Dana 1992 switches

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Mon Mar 24 21:07:52 UTC 2008

Matt Ettus wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Dan Rae <danrae at verizon.net> wrote:
>

>> The last time I did this I found a switch at Jameco that was a near
>> exact replacement.  The only difference was that the button was a little
>> too loose a fit and needed a dab of epoxy inside to hold it firmly in
>> place.  These have been working in mine now for at least five years.
>> The type I used was KIE22 (29 cents each in 100s), however the ones I
>> got then with  a cross section shape blue plunger do not look exactly
>> the same as the ones pictured in the current on line catalog.  Some
>> further research is indicated obviously...
>>

>I bought the ones in the catalog, but they don't fit.  The footprint
>is bigger, for one thing.

Sorry Matt, but I did say they looked different now.   At the time, and
I'm talking about five years ago maybe, that was the closest one I could
find, and they have worked well for me since.      I just checked in my
stash of racal bits and there are none left...

The originals were apparently from Toko.  No longer made.  And judging
from a couple of ebay postings recently, the problem still occurs.

Maybe someone else has found a more recent  replacement?

Good luck!

Dan