[time-nuts] Joining Antenna Cables (Again)

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Tue Mar 25 04:56:26 UTC 2008

At 3:06 PM +1030 3/25/08, Matthew Smith wrote:
>Hi Folks
>

>As there don't appear to be any MCX to F or BNC or SMB to F or BNC
>adapters available, I'm still puzzling how to hook this up.

Matthew,

I missed the thread about adapters, but this stuff is readily available.
I just googled mcx bnc adapter and found this little pigtail cable
for $20. The opposite gender version is shown lower on the same page.

http://www.navsphere.com/product_info.php?products_id=1023

Radio Shack used to sell F to BNC adapters; I have a few in a drawer.

SMB to BNC adapters also exist. But you can make those. I have
purchased the corresponding connectors from Digikey and used a short
length of RG188 cable to make an adapter from whatever to whatever
else.

--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/