[time-nuts] new GPSDO available

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 18:15:10 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

sorry for the more or less commercial nature of this email.

Wanted to share with you that we have shrunk our Fury GPSDO into a 1 inch x
2.5 inch x 0.5 inch tiny little package, called the FireFly. It's the most
inexpensive new GPSDO that we know of at this time.

It's less than 1/2 the size of a credit card.

The unit has a subset of the Fury SCPI commands, generally it has the same
features as the Fury. The performance is pretty good too, and power consumption
 was reduced to < 1.4W at 12V using a high-stability small OCXO.

We are using a highly sensitive mobile GPS receiver now, so it can be used
in a moving car etc. The GPS receiver is sensitive down to -151dBm  tracking.
Some preliminary specs are available at _www.jackson-labs.com_
(http://www.jackson-labs.com)

We are sampling the units now. Let me know if anyone is interested in more
details, we are presently fully qualifying the unit.

Bye,
Said

Home.