[time-nuts] Trimble Navigation PN 27760-10

Björn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Thu Mar 27 19:16:58 UTC 2008

Hi Shane,

That is a vintage GPS for real time attitude determination. Not really
time-nut territory...

   http://gauss.gge.unb.ca/grads/sunil/sgps.htm

By mounting the four antennas on known locations on a vehicle (space,
land, air, sea your choice), the receiver will give you the three euler
angles (roll, pitch & yaw/heading).

I have never used the Trimble Vector myself, but I have listened to a
lecture that discussed this receiver and a few other attitude GPS
receivers.

It was used for quite a few satellite missions many years ago. It does
not contain four full GPS receivers. Instead there is one master
receiver. This receiver only take phase measurements on the other three
antennas, from what I remember.

That is a _very_ rare receiver you got. Good luck in finding someone
with a spare firmware.

--

   Björn