[time-nuts] 58532a ANTENNA CABLE?

d.seiter at comcast.net d.seiter at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 22:53:22 UTC 2008

Hi Jeff-

I have only used SatStat with my Z3801A, and it did take a while to get it set up right under XP.  I much prefer Tboltmon for the Thunderbolt.  Now that both are functional, I can start playing with them.

I found that the Z3801A with the std HP antenna and recommended cable didn't work very well with the antenna in the garage (no plywood, 1x6s and 3 layers of asphalt shingles), it took forever to acquire sats and would lose the lock at the drop of a hat.  It had to go out in the weather to be stable.  On the other hand, the Thunderbolt antenna is in the corner of the garage, tilted at an angle, with hanging bicycles on one side and 19" racks on another, and is happy as a clam.

Are clams happy?  I've always wondered about that saying...

-Dave

From: "jshank" <j-shank at comcast.net>