[time-nuts] Tboltmon Serial Port Selection...??

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Fri Mar 28 00:33:11 UTC 2008

I wish I knew how to bypass that too, so if you find out, please post the
answer back here.

On the other hand, if you have not already noticed, if the Tbolt is up and
running and plugged in the serial port when the computer boots, your mouse
will appear possessed.

It is a Windows "feature" where the OS thinks the Tbolt is a serial mouse,
and it is converting the data stream into mouse movements. And no, it does
not work like a navigation system :-)

Doing a Google search led me to the settings that have to be changed in
Windows to disable this "feature". I forgot the exact steps now (Control
Panel -> Hardware Manager -> disable Serial Mouse driver).

Didier KO4BB