[time-nuts] Tboltmon Serial Port Selection...??

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Mar 28 00:34:33 UTC 2008

mpb45 at clanbaker.org writes:

Can  anyone tell me why, when I click on the Tboltmon
icon associated with my  Trimble Thunderbolt,
that a little Serial Port Selecton window pops  up
and why does my T-bolt only run after selecting
COM-4?  Why  can't this be selected once and then
forgotten about?  It seems like  an un-necessary step.

I get the same pop up but have always assumed it was to  allow for the
possibiliy that you might have Tbolts connected to more than  one, or all, of those
sixteen possible ports, so giving you the option to choose  which one to
monitor.
I guess it only runs after you select COM4 because that's the port where it
sees your Thunderbolt.

I've never considered it to be a significant inconvenience.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR