[time-nuts] Racal-Dana 1992 switches

Chris Erickson ericksonc2 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 09:03:43 UTC 2008

Actually, after two days of studying catalogs and datasheets, I think I
found a suitable replacement switch. The trick is to find the ones made for
tape packaging, which only have 2 pins -- the others have 4. The Omron
B3F-6050, available through Digikey as part no. SW798-ND is $0.28 each for
100 ($0.39 each for singles). It has nearly the same dimensions as the
original Toko, except it is about 3mm shorter so it will need to either be
shimmed up or left sitting up on its pins and the plunger is the standard
2.4mm square instead of the cross, so the keycaps will need some
modification. I'll let you all know how they work out once I receive and
install them.

Chris