[time-nuts] Another Trimble Tbolt question....

Darrell Robinson darrell at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 30 06:41:36 UTC 2008

I am not an expert.

My guess is that at least some of the difference that you see in your
altitude is from the propagation delay in the cable between your antenna and
the GPS module.

Guessing still further, I would think that the position as reported would be
some distance immediately below the antenna.  How long is your cable?

If the antenna is stationary, you could move the GPS module to any position
within the sphere allowed by your length of cable, and the reported position
would stay the same.

Darrell