[time-nuts] Setting PPS on the OpenBSD kernel

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Mon Mar 31 08:54:47 UTC 2008

Quoth Chris Kuethe at 2008-03-31 19:06...
> it's even easier than that. the PPS code is in and on by default, the
> two things you need are to activate kernel timestamping with
> nmeaattach (see /etc/rc.conf for an example) and then tell ntpd to use
> the timedelta sensor ("sensor *" or "sensor nmea0")

Thanks!  I know that you said it was easy, which is why I went the
OpenBSD route - didn't know it would be that easy though.

So, just to confirm, I need to change the rc.conf line to this, based on
  the GPS being connected to the first serial port, with PPS on the
carrier detect pin:

nmeaattach_flags="-t dcd /dev/cua00"

Cheers

Matthew Smith