[time-nuts] Setting PPS on the OpenBSD kernel

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:57:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Matthew Smith <matt at smiffytech.com> wrote:
>  Thanks!  I know that you said it was easy, which is why I went the
>  OpenBSD route - didn't know it would be that easy though.
>
>  So, just to confirm, I need to change the rc.conf line to this, based on
>   the GPS being connected to the first serial port, with PPS on the
>  carrier detect pin:
>
>  nmeaattach_flags="-t dcd /dev/cua00"

Yep.

You can also run /sbin/nmeaattach -d -t dcd /dev/cua00
to check that your receiver is being recognized and to check whether
you're watching the right edge of the pulse.

I'm actually using gpsd to activate the timestamping mechanism (rather
than nmeaattach), so I can produce pretty skyview plots too.

CK