[time-nuts] OT Thunderbold whine...

steve heidmann steveheidmann at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 23:42:24 UTC 2008

Who will be the first to copyright \ trademark "THUNDERBOLT WHINE "

                                              Steve

ScopeFreak <scopefreak at onsnet.nu> wrote:
  Björn,

The problem is that the people that should be insulted because:

1. they did not read what Tom van Baak wrote ( Those of you newcomers
to Time-Nuts should expect  to wait until the first batch has been
shipped and TAPR is ready for you... AND ...I will advise you when
the official TAPR.org Thunderbolt ordering web page is ready.)

2. they think the whole world is interested in the fact that they
would like one too.

They are probably so thick that they will be very hard to insult.

In the mean time everybody here has to put up with all these stupid
me-toos because we can not filter on the subject as this would
possibly mean missing the real announcement by Tom van Baak.

So I fully sympathize with people thinking of creative ways to punish
those me-toos.

Tom

On Wednesday 07 May 2008 21:00, Björn Gabrielsson wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 12:41, Mike S said:
> > At 09:54 PM 5/6/2008, SAIDJACK at aol.com wrote...
> >
> >>people are not getting it, and keep sending-in requests to
> >>this list...
> >>
> >>Is there any possibility to set up a mail alias that can get all
> >>these
> >>requests, and keep the noise off of this list as well?
> >
> > Better yet, keep a list, and put those people at the very _end_
> > of the real one once it's created.
>
> Stop insulting people left and right. Modern mailreaders have
> plenty of filtering options - use them! I have a feeling the
> time-nut list has grown a lot since the Thunderbolt deal was first
> discussed. John - once the TAPR work peak is over - maybe you can
> give us some stats on list members before and after TVBs big
> article.
>
> --
>
> Björn

and follow the instructions there.