[time-nuts] Administrivia: Please don't use the "Spam" buttonto unsubscribe

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Wed May 14 12:03:55 UTC 2008

There are many reasons why a person might want to stay with a particular ISP
for mail. I don't but one of my friend does, and that has been a subject of
conversation between us in the past. While a fully qualified engineer, this
person wants to keep her AOL mail account for a number of reasons, which I
won't go into here. Most of them are legitimate but weak and in my opinion
not sufficient to justify staying with AOL, but it's only my opinion. In her
opinion, it does not suck enough to switch.

Now, no one should accept substandard service from anyone without a fight,
and I wish AOL listened to its customers once in a while, but I understand
perfectly where John Ackermann stands.

While I applaud John for going through this for his non-paying customers, I
could not blame him if he simply gave up on that... Easy for me to say since
I don't use AOL :-)

An easy way around for those who *want* to stick with AOL as their mail
client in the event that it would not be supported by this list would be one
of the many free remailers, so that they could use a non-AOL account when
they subscribe, but get their mail through AOL.

Through my ISP, I can have up to something like 2,000 free email accounts
which can be set as forwarders or web mail. I currently use 2. If anyone on
this list wants a free email forwarder address on the ko4bb.com domain, just
ask me :-)

Just my $0.02...

Didier KO4BB

Checked by AVG.