[time-nuts] Strange reports of bocked messages to timenuts

David Ackrill dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk
Sat May 17 08:46:11 UTC 2008

Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> I've been receiving some emails which claim to come from my ISP saying
> my messages to timenuts have been blocked due to spam.
>
> A typical subject line is "[time-nuts] ***Your message was blocked***"
> But I've not sent a message!

I don't think it was necessarily from your ISP, as one seemed to go to
the whole group, I think it was the ISP of the person who had the
blocked message sending a message back to Time-Nuts which then got
distributed to the whole group...

Reading the message, I got the impression that the person experiencing
the problem was "joconnell" at an address in Ireland (ie is the address
identifier for Irealnd) and not my ISP telling me I had a problem.
However, the envelope seems to be from a pacific.net account, so who
knows what was happening?

However, I only received the one message, so either "joconnell" and
time-nuts managed to sort it out, or they have not tried sending another
message since the bounced message?

Dave (G0DJA)