[time-nuts] Strange reports of bocked messages to timenuts

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sat May 17 09:27:09 UTC 2008

Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>> I've been receiving some emails which claim to come from my ISP saying
>> my messages to timenuts have been blocked due to spam.
>>
>> A typical subject line is "[time-nuts] ***Your message was blocked***"
>> But I've not sent a message!

I didn't save the messages, but if you look, I think you will find that
the outbound message came from someone in the group (Brooke I think) and
it got bounced for one person in the time-nuts list. Seems that the bot
that did the bouncing was dumb enough to copy the time-nuts list mail
address in the bounce message.

We all saw the bounce message (I think). Don't take it personally.