[time-nuts] SatStat Error Message ?

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat May 24 00:05:26 UTC 2008

w1ksz at earthlink.net writes:

reply:  -361, "Parity error in program message:

The clock seems to work, but I  cannot get the Status window to show
anything. It just cycles between  ..."requesting data" and ..."communicating"...

I set the parity to Odd  as the manual says.

The Z3801A GPS Lock LED is lit and the output looks  stable.

----------------------

It's a while since I used SatStat, so can't remember the exact messages  now,
but that does seem reminiscent of the "fun" I had when trying to talk  to the
Z3801 via an RS422 interface card.

That was before I gave up and performed the necessary surgery for the  RS232
conversion, after which it was all plain sailing.

The Z3801A doesn't need to be able to talk to the software in order to
acquire lock and condition the oscillator.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR