[time-nuts] OT: Anyone programmed HP 59306A relay actuator (or other old device)?

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat May 24 17:11:32 UTC 2008

Brooke Clarke wrote:
> But, since there's no micro controller you should not send any
> characters after the single command byte. No <CR><LF>, no <EOI>.  You
> may need to explicitly set the termination sequence so that these are
> avoided.

Looking at the manual on the HP 59306A, it says of the EOI line "Not
monitored or driven, terminated by resistive network". This rather
suggests to me it will make no difference whether the EOI is asserted or
not and so whether I open the device with

dd=ibdev(0, gpib_address, 0, T3s, 1, 0);
or
dd=ibdev(0, gpib_address, 0, T3s, 0, 0);

will make no difference.

Dave