[time-nuts] 468-DC NBS Time receiver

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Thu May 29 03:17:40 UTC 2008

Good eve,

On 28-May-08 at 22:12 Bill Hawkins wrote:

>I have two of those beauties NIB (except for the razor slit where the
>manual was removed) and one of the antennas, but no down convertor. TVB had
>enough data on his site that it didn't look likely that it could be reused as
>any kind of slave display without rewriting EPROM code.

	<snippety>

	I have heard rumors that there was a GPS antenna/receiver combo developed for use with this unit. Supposedly, it was a direct plug-in replacement for the original antenna. It would absorb the time info from the GPS stream, remodulate the thing onto the 4.5MHz carrier that the 468 expects to see, and send it down the cable.

	I have no idea how true (or not) this is, as I have never seen one of these antennas. All I can say is that I used to have one of these units, and it served me well for many years before GOES timecode transmission was killed.

	Happy tweaking.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"Quid Malmborg in Plano..."