[time-nuts] Checking the Frequency of a Rubidium Oscillator

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 11 17:39:21 UTC 2008

Not a chance.. The signal is a PN code at about 1 Megachip/second, and the power spectral density is probably comparable to the thermal noise floor of the receiver.

 The counter has an  input sensitivity in
> the order of about -25 dBm -- not sufficient to measure
> directly from an amplified antenna, but perhaps through an
> amplifier.  I am not sure whether the input YIG  tuner
> selectivity is sufficient to separate transmissions from the
> various  satellite's (or are they TDMS?).  What do you think?

All the satellites are at the same frequency, and they are CDMA (each satellite has a different PN sequence on its signal)