[time-nuts] HP Z3801A Question

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 13 18:00:37 UTC 2008

You may be interpting it wrong, if your looking at the 1PPS to GPS,
thats a time interval measurement referenced to the GPS 1PPS.  -1.5x10-9
would be 1.5 nanosecond...so 1.5ns over 10 seconds would be 1.5x10-10
Allan Variance compared to GPS

I do not remember, we made measurements several years ago, I believe the
Z3801 takes 10 second time interval averages and it updates the
oscillator via the DAC every 30 seconds, if needed.

There information out there on the unit, either here at Febo.com or
http://realhamradio.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi buried in the archives..

Brian