[time-nuts] Where to find surplus telecom standards

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 20:10:09 UTC 2008

I have purchased a few things from Ebay, but it is seldom you get the best price. You will see some items that don't get a bid or sell at a lower price. Check that sellers feedback and shipping cost for why no one is bidding. That said with buyers needing their money for other things with uncertain economic times ahead some buys may appear but I think the sellers are just listing less stuff now.

You were also asking about selling which can be a problem if you don't have a good reputation / feedback because of the problem above.

As many on this list has reported ( "Oh the horror") bad packing and shipping is a real concern and is yet another risk with Ebay. When you add the Ebay fees and paypal fees and labor it is hard to see how anyone makes money or on the other side gets a good deal.

Another source is govautions but that has problems as well, paper work and shipping are even more of a problem. Often the items you want have items you don't want in the same lot.

Hamfest and want ads on club web sites is another source.

Just like any other addiction go slow and think ahead about how to store all your good stuff or how to hide it from your better half. You may not be truly effected yet as you are thinking of selling old stuff to by new.

Stanley