[time-nuts] What's all this about violins in the streets?

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Thu Nov 20 04:16:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:27:10 -0600, "Bill Hawkins" <bill at iaxs.net> wrote:

>My apologies, but I didn't think you'd want to hear about jumps.
>
>My good friend, and software genius, was late for a lunch appointment
>today. The "atomic" alarm clock that he has used for years was 3.3
>hours behind this morning, but not on any other morning. My WWVB clock
>was dead on at 4 PM (in MN, where we both are located).
>
>Anybody got a story about an "atomic" clock messing up like that?

Yup.  I have an "Atomix" brand wall mounted clock that picks up the wrong time
by a random amount about once a week.  I have "atomic" clocks all over the
place (would anyone on this list expect any less? :-) so I had to put a little
label on it that says "this clock is not accurate".  I keep it around mainly
for entertainment and because it reads one of my outdoor temperature sensors.

John
--
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com