[time-nuts] The Trimble NTPX26AB-06 / Z3801A

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Nov 22 06:27:31 UTC 2008

> On the Z3801a, if you want to use the 1-PPS or 10MHz signals that are
> on the DB-25 you will need to convert the PECL outputs.

If you are willing to lift a pin and cut a trace, you can get the PPS on
RS-232 without any external level conversion.  The fine print is in here:
  http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/Z3801AReceiverModifications

I used a non-standard pin on the DB-25 in order to avoid cutting a trace, but
I was building my own 25 to 9 pin adapter so that was easy fix.