[time-nuts] EZGPIB error

Ian Sheffield ian.sheffield1 at tesco.net
Sun Nov 23 15:47:47 UTC 2008

Hello chaps,

A quick question to the assembled multitude rather than bothering Ulrich directly, as some of you must have seen this problem:

What causes the error message Socket Error # 10065
No route to host, when using EZGPIB with my Prologix latest version interface with my laptops?

EZGPIB works fine from my desktop PC but gives this error message with both of my laptops running XP (one XP Home, the other is XP Pro).

The Prologix itself is working fine, as it controls and reads my HP5334 perfectly using the direct Prologix commands. EZGPIB , as stated, also works fine from the Desktop PC.

What is not configured correctly in the laptops?

Many thanks in advance,

Ian.