[time-nuts] Any nixie project people out there?

d.seiter at comcast.net d.seiter at comcast.net
Mon Nov 24 08:38:38 UTC 2008

Hi David-

Any takers yet?  While the last thing I need is another nixie counter (I have 4 or 5 already), I do have a soft spot for nixies, and hate the way so much gear has been chopped up for trendy clocks.  That said, what I'd really like to do is make an accurate, self turning hour glass that drives a nixie clock.  Or maybe a GPS disciplined hour-glass driving a nixie clock.  How the hour-glass could be disciplined, except in turn-over speed, I'm not sure.  It's still in the planning stage.  My purchasing budget has been greatly reduced due to the economy, so I'm looking for deals where I wouldn't have before.

-Dave
From: "David Medin" <dtmspam at techemail.com>