[time-nuts] GPSDO using 100Hz

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 00:48:23 UTC 2008

Bruce

 My Oncore's phase is definitely different on each 100Hz cycle. A digital storage scope shows it very well.

Some things that come to mine:

1) Not all Oncores are the same, mine is an old 8 channel one. (Don't remember the number, it is the one with the sawtooth capability)
2) The actual error amount is updated each 1 sec and the processors still dithers that to get the 100 Hz to be close to the correct value
3) Other TBD

Warren
*******************

Mike Monett wrote:
>  Warren
>
>   Ok, it seems they are calculating the best time for each 100Hz pulse
>   individually. That makes life a bit easier for a PLL.

Not according to the datasheets which imply the phase of the 100Hz (or
10kHz) burst is adjusted once per second.
This should be very easy to verify if the leading edges of individual
pulses are time stamped with sufficient resolution.
>   My interest is I have a totally new way of locking to the 1PPS pulse
>   that should  improve the performance dramatically.  The  question is
>   would it also work with a 100Hz signal.
>
>   The answer is yes. It would also work with a 10KHz signal,  but this
>   would require  a  bit  more horsepower. I was  planning  on  using a
>   simple inexpensive microprocessor for everything but I don't know if
>   it would be fast enough to do 10KHz.
>
>   But there's not many of those around anymore, are there?
>
>   Best Regards,
>
>   Mike Monett

Bruce