[time-nuts] NIST tours

bpowell bpowell at intrex.net
Wed Nov 26 23:45:47 UTC 2008

Bob, Marvin,
If you happen to have an interest in Telecom-related synchronization presentations, there is an annual synchronization workshop that has been held yearly in the Boulder area called WSTS-xx (Workshop for Synchronization Telecommunications Standards), jointly sponsored by NIST, ATIS (Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions), and the IEEE.  The next workshop is WSTS-09, and will be held from March 10-12, 2009 in Broomfield Hills, CO (a few miles south of Boulder).  After the workshop, there is a tour of the NIST/Boulder time and frequency facilities on morning of Friday, March 11, 2009.  See the following link for registration info:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/seminars/WSTS/WSTS.html

Click on the WSTS'08 link to see the agenda/papers from last year.

This workshop presents a great overview of legacy as well as emerging Telecom synchronization issues, including wireless, cable, and sync over packet networks (including IEEE1588v2, NTP, and Synchronous Ethernet standards).

Regards,
Bill Powell