[time-nuts] US Shipping Was huntron tracker advice

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 16:28:41 UTC 2008

________________________________

From: Chuck Harris <cfharris at erols.com>
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 9:12:13 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] US Shipping Was huntron tracker advice

The sad part is there is no incentive to reverse the process, once deemed sensitive/restricted it may stay that way forever. I'm sure many items that a End Use Certificate is required for are marked that way just in case. The EUC process is so clumsy and time consuming I could only imagine the de-restricting process would be. Like toxic waste my basement is full of 1950s to 1970s equipment that I must legally dispose of as long as I'm compos mentis which is in question just because I agreed to this contract.

Stanley

and follow the instructions there.

Steve Rooke wrote:
> Hmmm... International Traffic in Arms Regulations, well I don't like
> to poke holes in that excuse but unless the US customs are REALLY
> paranoid, I can't see how most of the items I have tried to purchase

Fortunately, the determination of what is ITAR is not left up to you to
see, but rather is determined by the DOD and the State Department... where
they use the most highly placed morons to scientifically assess the risk
and make the classifications.

They are from the government, and they are here to help you.

> would be covered under this. But, I suppose you could poke someone in
> the eye with a ball-point pen therefore it could be labled an an arm
> but I'm sure there are other reasons for most of refusals to ship
> outside the 48 States. It's not just a couple of dealers who take this
> position, it seems to be the case with a number of sellers sadly.

If you have ever been on the other side of an ITAR investigation, you
would rightly conclude that it isn't safe to do anything other than scrap
and destroy US surplus materials... which is precisely what they want you
to do.

-Chuck Harris