[time-nuts] And, for my next trick, 50Hz

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 00:41:52 UTC 2008

Call me crazy but I wonder if my accurate relative period of time
could be derived from the 230VAC 50Hz mains supply over here. Now,
before you yell at me, consider this, I have a couple of mains driven
clocks in the house and only seem to need to change the time on them
when we go from Standard Time to Daylight Saving Time. Agreed, the
instantaneous frequency of the mains is not always spot on but the
long term average seems to be kept pretty accurate or we would all
have to keep changing our mains timed clocks. If I knew the standard
deviation of the mains, I could probably calculate the period of time
I'd have to gate my breadboard "frequency counter" to achieve a
certain accuracy.

73, Steve
--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD