[time-nuts] Further Observation On My 5061B

Jeffrey Okamitsu w3kl at w3kl.com
Mon Oct 6 17:03:03 UTC 2008

I forgot to mention in my email yesterday that when I did a degaussing procedure (using the 10638A) the Beam current peaked above 20 nA during the early part of the procedure.

At first, I took this an evidence that more beam current could be obtained - that is, the mass spec system needed to be tuned.  However, upon further thought I suspect that what I was seeing was inductive pickup by the beam current measuring system.

Anyone care to speculate?

Jeff

Jeffrey K. Okamitsu, PhD, MBA
+1-609-638-5402