[time-nuts] What is the best counter for a Time Nuts?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Oct 9 16:15:12 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

thanks for the hint, this explains it.

read the manual, and so it seems I cannot use time arming mode. How do you
guys get around this? Do A to B measurements on the two channels?

thanks,
Said

In a message dated 10/9/2008 08:49:59 Pacific Daylight Time,
magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

>>  Hi Tom, Ulrich,
>>
>> can't seem to get 12 digits/s out of  my 53132A in frequency mode when
>> doing
>> measurement  offset of -10MHz. I only get 11 digits/s for some reason.
>> Have  to
>> go  to 10s + gate time to get better  resolution.
>
> Correct. When you get "close" to an exact 10 MHz  input then
> the counter drops down into a "reduced resolution" mode  and
> you lose a digit (regardless of gate time). If you need, you  can
> query this with the :DIAG:MEAS:PRES? command. Details are
>  in the back of the 53132A manual.

"Additional Considerations for Digits  and Time Arming Modes" (at page 3-13
in my version of the  manual).

Cheers,
Magnus