[time-nuts] Lassen IQ receiver

Morris Odell vilgotch at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 11 02:36:14 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm using a Trimble Lassen IQ receiver for a Shera style GPSDO. That part
works OK but I would also like to get serial data from the receiver's output
port #2.

The receiver seems to respond to commands sent to port #1 but the desired
outputs don't seem to appear.

Specifically I want to get two NMEA messages, GGA and ZDA, or alternatively
the TAIP TM timing message. No matter how I instruct the receiver I don't
see two NMEA messages, just the first one on the list I've sent to the
receiver. The TAIP doen't seem to work at all.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone had any success with this device?

Thanks,

Morris