[time-nuts] Sulzer Labs D-5 oscillator

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Oct 11 06:20:20 UTC 2008

> One of the advantages of top posting - you can reply to the message
> and ignore the rubbish at the bottom....

Did you forget the smiley?  :)

If the bottom is rubbish, why send it?

Ignoring it only works if everybody knows that the convention is to only
top-post and not insert anything in the middle.  Otherwise you have to scan
to make sure there aren't any gems buried in there.

Trimming everything that's not needed for context and inserting your comments
at the right place makes much more sense to me.

Also, blindly top posting sure doesn't help the signal/noise ratio.  I'm on
one list full of quote-everything top posers.  It often has long threads.
Each layer picks up another signature, sometimes a corporate disclaimer, and
the list's unsubscribe/info block.  I get it in digest mode.  Sometimes it's
a challenge to find the signal.