[time-nuts] Sulzer Labs D-5 oscillator

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Sat Oct 11 12:16:47 UTC 2008

Mike Monett wrote:
>   "Steve Rooke" <sar10538 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   > Or you can use Linux and not worry about any of this :)
>
>   > And I  personally think that Rob has been unfairly  taken  to task
>   > over a  comment about the verbiage added to emails sent  from some
>   > corporate systems which add huge disclaimers to the bottom of each
>   > message. I  took  his  reply as a  friendly  jibe  to  my previous
>   > light-hearted comment on this.
>
>   >73
>   >Steve
>
>   >Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
>   >Omnium finis imminet
>
>   Steve,
>
>   I'm in  the  process  of switching over  to  Ubuntu,  and  I already
>   checked - Wine handles Pimmy.
>
>   Does linux have an email client that handles multiple accounts?

Of course!

If you like an all-in-one browser/email, try seamonkey.  If you want just
mail/news, try thunderbird.  Or pine, or gmail, or kmail, or citadel...

>   BTW, my  reason for switching will probably affect more people  in a
>   couple of  years.  I am running Win98, and recently  bought  two new
>   Asus motherboards.  They no longer have drivers for Win98,  but they
>   do have drivers for Ubuntu and several other distros.

Linux has drivers for just about everything.  You don't have to go to
the manufacturers for the driver very often.

A better reason to change to linux is for reliability.  A nice bonus is
the wide variety of high quality free software that is available.

I have been using linux exclusively for about 12 years now.

-Chuck Harris