[time-nuts] New servers

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Oct 13 13:30:11 UTC 2008

Yes, we're now running on a dedicated server at ServerBeach, which is
also where tapr.org has been hosted for two or three years (and we've
had very good luck with them).

I'm not sure where your info came from, but ServerBeach (these days,
anyway) appears to be very reputable.  They're owned by Peer One.  They
also were the original hosting company for YouTube (until Google bought
them).

I did a quick search on "ServerBeach" and "spam" and the top relevant
hit was an article from 2003 when SB shut down a customer in response to
SPEWS complaints, which took down a bunch of innocent sites; it was
reported in the NY Times.

The mailing list software does unsubscribe after a number of bounces,
but it uses an algorithm that requires more than a short outage, so you
should be OK.  But if you receive an unsubscribe notice, you can
resubscribe -- it won't prevent that.

John
----