[time-nuts] Frequency Stability of Trimble Mini-T

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Oct 14 19:38:19 UTC 2008

Mike,

I keep hoping to find a Mini-T on eBay but no luck yet and so I
don't have plots on my web site for that unit. Does anyone have
a loaner?

Question on the spec and on your plot, though. What is the gate
time of the frequency measurements? If you average for an hour
or a day many of those peaks would melt.

Also most look like phase jumps not frequency jumps. When you
see frequency jump up and then down by the same amount as a
pair it's usually the result of a single phase jump.

Did you log sats-in-view, or DOP, or temp during your run to see
if the jumps correlated to that?

Finally, "frequency drift" is not at all the same thing as "frequency
excursions", so what did they really mean?

/tvb