[time-nuts] problem with Efratom FRS-C from eBay

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 23:09:33 UTC 2008

Hi Bob,

sorry to hear that. Their feedback seems to be great, so if you discuss the
problem with them, I would think they will likely help you out with a return
etc.

My question: I was told by people in-the-know that Rubidium Atomic  Frequency
references are illegal to export to China, and folks have gone to jail  for
sending these to China.

In particular, anything space qualified is not to be exported there, I  think
the US govt. does not want China to build their own GNSS.

See for example page 252:

   _http://www.abanet.org/buslaw/newsletter/0041/materials/book.pdf_
(http://www.abanet.org/buslaw/newsletter/0041/materials/book.pdf)

Does anyone know if this restriction has been lifted? If not, I wonder how
they got access to so many Rb's.

thanks,
Said

In a message dated 10/17/2008 15:49:38 Pacific Daylight Time,