[time-nuts] Question on crystal jumps

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Oct 22 23:39:34 UTC 2008

Hi:

A possible explanation is cosmic rays.  The actual particle that gets to the
surface of the Earth is so energetic that it would take a very thick lead
shield to stop them.  The Earth has enough mass that they can not go all the
way through.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon

So a test would be to stack a few crystals very close together (it's just plain
geometry) and monitor their frequency to look for coincident jumps.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html  Products I make and sell
http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml  All my web pages listed based on html name