[time-nuts] Question on crystal jumps

Max Robinson max at maxsmusicplace.com
Thu Oct 23 01:31:57 UTC 2008

This is a very interesting thread.  When I retired from Western Kentucky
University in 2001 I was given a very expensive mantel clock.  Seven day
wind up with a balance wheel.  I have had a lot of fun regulating it over
the last 7 years.  Right now I have it holding within 5 seconds a month but
past experience has shown that it won't hold indefinitely.  Since the
balance wheel is also an oscillator I assume it will undergo these frequency
jumps.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O D S.

Email: max at maxsmusicplace.com