[time-nuts] jump in pendulum clocks

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Oct 23 16:24:36 UTC 2008

Hi Carl:

That's interesting.  After reading Accurate Clock Pendulums and a number of
other books then researching patents I found:

3036465 Gravity Meter, Robert H. Dicke, May 29, 1962, 73/382R ; 73/514.29
 >= 20 cps, Q >1,000,000 optical pick up and electrostatic drive, mostly fused
quartz parts.  He also invented the lock-in-amplifier and Dicke radiometer.
http://www.prc68.com/I/Pendulums.shtml

It's almost all quartz, but now I see why they are not more popular.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html  Products I make and sell
http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml  All my web pages listed based on html name