[time-nuts] Question on crystal jumps

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Oct 23 16:49:27 UTC 2008

Hi Said:

All kinds of things effect the crystal including gravity.  Some time ago I
wrote a Labview program to look at the control voltage then rotated the PRS10
resting it on each of four faces, see:
http://www.prc68.com/I/Images/FC_ROT.jpg
So, just as gravity effects pendulum clocks, it's also effecting crystal
oscillators, just on a smaller scale.

There also was a LV screen for the physics package, see:
http://www.prc68.com/I/Images/Phy.jpg

The PRS10 is at:
http://www.prc68.com/I/PRS10.shtml

Have Fun,