[time-nuts] labview, gpib, gps , logging data and lost data points!!

Norman J McSweyn normn3ykf at stny.rr.com
Wed Oct 29 16:40:14 UTC 2008

Ulrich,
Does EZ-GPIB support visa? I know there was a thread a few months back
kicking around the idea.

The way the code is written now, I'm getting a response to @@Hn and
parsing that.

The idea was to save the data in text files and post-process with excel.

Using the SRQ (and your idea as from the counter to generate a timing
mark (to start the serial vi). This makes a lot of sense because I'll
know that the data in the message will be for the next second
(timestamped with this second)

Based on my observations, the gpib routine takes 300ms to complete. It's
just setup, trigger and read. I'll have to change this.

There are two reasons for Labview. One is it's used quite a bit. The
other is that the learing curve isn't quite as steep as C++ or VB.

Either way, you've given much to think about!
Thanks,
Norm n3ykf