[time-nuts] Description - GR 1120-AB Frequency Standard

Jim Hall perseidjh at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:04:40 UTC 2008

Today I visited a friend who collects all sorts of old electronics and asked him about mercury thermometer sensors.  Turns out he had several from various GR pieces of equipment.  Some are in a straight shape with "trip" temperatures of 50 or 60 degrees C.  One is at a 90 degree angle with a 60 degree C trip point.  I'm sure it is a very long shot but I wondered if any of these might work for the frequency standard you are rebuilding.

Most of the above temperature sensors were built by "Precision".  I have the part numbers.

What do you think?  Does it sound like any of these could be replacements for your unit?

Regards,

Jim