[time-nuts] 5371A problem

wje wje at quackers.net
Sat Sep 6 16:53:54 UTC 2008

I have a problem with my HP 5371A. Fairly often, when I display samples
in one of the graph modes, the graph is displayed properly, but then a
number of horizontal lines show up composed of semi-regularly-spaced
dots. Typically the rows will be spaced about 1/5 of the vertical size
apart. Whether or not they show up, and how many show up, seem to depend
upon the amplitude if the displayed graph. One strange thing is that
they show up almost as if they were being explicitly drawn - first, the
graph is rendered, then the axes, and then the rows of dots.

It passes all memory tests, CRT, controller, and data.

I have a suspicion as to the cause, but if anyone has any ideas, please
let me know.

--
Bill Ezell