[time-nuts] Ancient OCXO in scope calibrator.

David C. Partridge david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 8 17:35:37 UTC 2008

Agree that the tank slug can also affect the frequency slightly.

I've tried a number of 7587s including what I was fairly sure to be NOS
parts - at least they came in the correct box.

I suspect I can pull the frequency a bit by paralleling another 5 or 6pF
across the trimmer (why has the parts box never got what you are looking
for? - this feels like a corollary to Murphy).

The main issue is how unstable it is - maybe I just stop chasing this and
write it down to a very old crystal that's aged out of spec, and just
replace it with a regular 20ppm room temperature part.

Cheers
Dave