[time-nuts] Scott found an issue on Fury GPSDO

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 21:48:35 UTC 2008

Hello fellow time nuts,

please disregard email if you do not have one of our Fury's.

Over the last many months Scott has been helping pin down an obscure  problem
in the Fury GPSDO firmware. He was instrumental in identifying the  issue,
and verifying various ways to make it happen, and verifying the fix for  it.
Thank you for your help and great efforts on this Scott!

This issue may happen with very low occurrence frequency if for  example one
repeatedly sends the meas? command to the unit. I am happy to  say that we
have finally found the root cause (an obscure resource  contention that would
take sometimes several weeks to manifest itself, so it was  hard to debug) and
fixed it. We also scoured the source code for any similar  potential issues.
This issue does not seem to affect the frequency stability of  the unit, but
could disable RS-232 communication for example.

Version 1.21 of the Fury firmware which fixes this problem is now  available
for download on the Jackson Labs website, under the support  tab:

   _http://www.jackson-labs.com/support.html_
(http://www.jackson-labs.com/support.html)

Thanks again for everyone's help and support.
Please keep sending us your comments and any issues that you may see,
bye,
Said